Monday, December 8, 2008

Nativity Display

Bill and I were put in charge of putting together a display of nativities at the church. When we lived in Corvallis the Stake would always do a big Creche display every year, so that was our inspiration for starting one here in Sioux City. It was a small event this year but we hope it will get bigger every year. We had a total of 73 nativities displayed - many of which belonged to my mom. When we only had a few people from the ward sign up to display their nativities I called my mom, who collects nativities, and she shipped us 3 boxes full. Needless to say, most of the nativities were hers. THANKS MOM!!!









4 comments:

Leif, Jacove, Zana, Noah & Ewan said...

How pretty and good work! One of the stakes here do the same every year this year they added a live nativity. It was such a good way to get us in the Christmas spirit.
Are you guys going to Kanab for Christmas this year?

D.B. said...

Nice, I will send you the link to Ileen Barlow's blog, she is in charge of the Creche exhibit in Corvallis and I think she has a post about it, might give you ideas for the future.

Claire said...

Hey you guys!!! Souix City, huh! We're looking at Omaha as a possible internship this summer. Crazy. I'm glad you are doing well - 15 piano students - that's crazy! I need to get your mailing address...I'll email Bill through facebook...

Peggy Glasmann said...

Jenny
How fun to hear from you and find you. I think of you lots. Your kids are dolls and it sounds like you are having fun. I miss your Mom. Stay in touch!